Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My First Blog Post




The world of blogging is on the rise, and I am proud to live in it.

Blogging is becoming more popular than ever for every industry. Companies, professionals and public relations agencies use blogs to build relationships, share interests and ideas, and spread research across the Internet.

Welcome to my blog.

My name is Katie Horley, and I am a senior at the University of Oregon. For the past four years I have studied public relations, communication studies and art history. As my college experience is close to ending, I hope to venture into the "real world" as an event coordinator. During the past five years, my love for planning events, small and big, has grown with my job at Oba Restaurant located in Portland, Oregon. Working in one of the city's top restaurants, I have watched and learned how to run a successful private dining room in the heart of the Pearl District.

This blog will explore my day-to-day experiences with public relations and event planning as I start the transition into life's next chapter.

Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, or advice.

2 comments:

Beth Evans said...

When I saw your blog mentioned on Angela Seits's Socially Minded, I thought, "Wow, what a small world!" It looks like we've both come a long way since living across the hall from each other in Schafer.

horley912 said...

What a small world! Its been years!