Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bravo Coca Cola


As one of the world's most popular brands, Coca Cola's company blog, Coca Cola Conversations, is an excellent example of using social media to connect with fans of the soft drink and continue to build brand recognition.

The single-authored blog concentrates on sharing information on a wide variety of topics, ranging from brand history to the value of collectibles. Author Phil Mooney has spent the last 30 years working with Coca Cola as their historian and archivist.

The site is perfect for the average consumer or memorabilia fanatic, because the posts are small clips of the company's history that can be viewed as entertaining and educational for fans worldwide.

The design of the blog gives a great first impression of the company. Simple, clean designs with each post shows Coke's strong marketing.

All in all - Coca Cola knows how to build their brand.
-Clearly we know this -
isn't "Coke" up there with "God" as the most popular words in spoken language?


Fun Vintage Coke Commercials:






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I enjoyed your old-school coke commercial! And I also must agree with your post. Coke has done an outstanding job at marketing and relating to its public. Their message is simple and entertaining. It is easy to see that they know their audience- and what is appealing to them. They have for MANY years, judging from their success... and by the looks of it, probably for more to come. See you in class!
-Niki I.

Phil Mooney said...

Katie - Thanks so much for recognizing my blog, Coca-ColaConversations.com. I'm glad to hear you like it and that my posts appeal to the average person. That was one of my goals -- to share what I know about Coca-Cola with others, and let them see a bit of the "secret formula" that has led to our Company's success for more than 120 years. -- Phil Mooney

Anonymous said...

Katie, I really enjoyed your blog this week. The commercials were a great touch, and it really proved your point about how successful the Coke brand has been throughout the years.
You know I have to say that this last summer was the first time in a while that I can remember coke doing something new with their branding design. Being one of the sponsors of the Beijing Olympic games definitely put the Coke brand back in my fridge.
The one thing that I've always noticed about Coke is that they seem to appeal to an older audience. Pepsi, which I believe is one of, if not, their biggest competitors, has always given me a younger vibe that myself and the rest of my generation can relate with.
Do you think that it's time Coke turns to advertise more toward its younger generation (like Pepsi) or stays "classic"? After all, the "classic" at the end of Coca-Cola tells me its talking to an elder generation.
Overall, your blog was informative and enjoyable! Nice work!

horley912 said...

I am glad you all liked the vintage Coke commercials!

horley912 said...

Thank you all for your comments!