Monday, December 1, 2008

Vanity Fair's Oscar Party 2009


For the past ten years, I have been obsessed with Vanity Fair's annual Oscar party. I have never fantasized about attending the event, but planning it. I have always envisioned writing the guest list, organizing appearances, and picking flower arrangements. Well my dreams were placed on hold last year, but: The hottest Oscar after-party ever is back — only smaller.
Smaller?
Wait?
Huh?

Vanity Fair says its annual Academy Awards party is returning for next year's Oscar night on Feb. 22. The magazine's 2008 bash was canceled in support of the Hollywood writers' strike.

The magazine's editor Graydon Carter says on VanityFair.com that the bash "will be a much more intimate affair than in years past," with a scaled back guest list.

The A-list soiree will take place at West Hollywood's Sunset Tower Hotel instead of its traditional home, the restaurant Morten's.

Given the state of the economy, Carter says the party will also recycle decor from past years.

Now my fantasy life of planning the Vanity Fair Oscar Party next year just went up in flames.

Downsize guest list?

NO!

Re-use fake flowers?

Are you serious?

Yes, I am aware of our nation's current economic state, but really? Smaller?

I can only hope Vanity Fair's event planners will be ready to spend the big bucks in 2010.

Oh and hire me as an assistant.

No comments: